Cloud integration and connectivity is a strategic imperative for today’s digital enterprise. A cloud integration platform fundamentally changes the way companies drive competitive advantage.
The Mulesoft “connect your enterprise” advantage
A winning cloud solution platform should have unified connectivity; SOA, SaaS and APIs on one platform, it should be designed for ease of use and deployability, and the platform should be hybrid ready; write once-deploy anywhere.
Mulesoft offers an integration platform that helps connecting businesses to a wide range of third party SaaS applications, systems and services. The MuleSoft Anypoint Platform™ offers a robust set of solutions to help businesses achieve the full potential of the New Enterprise. The platform connects businesses through APIs acting as catalyst for this change, making information easily available and eliminating the friction of integration for unprecedented speed and agility. Anypoint Platform™ is changing the way global enterprises connect apps, data and devices, thereby help transform companies with an API-led connectivity approach. Across verticals like financial services, healthcare, government, insurance, media, retail to name a few- MuleSoft is helping various industries to integrate specific strategies and helping them to hold them in the competitive market.
Hear the ServiceNow “Cloud Advantage”
ServiceNow is changing the way people work by identifying activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work and thereby help modern enterprises to operate faster and efficiently. ServiceNow provides service management to every domain in the modern enterprise that include IT, human resources, facilities, finance and other services.
ServiceNow can be integrated with many third party applications and data sources. The most common integrations are with CMDB, Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, User Administration, and Single Sign-on. A range of techniques can be used particularly Web Services, JDBC, LDAP, Excel, CSV, and Email, and industry standard technologies that use SOAP or WSDL. Additionally, API and command-line integrations can be done using a MID Server.
MuleSoft’s ServiceNow Connector
The ServiceNow connector by MuleSoft facilitates connections between ServiceNow and numerous applications, systems and services, on-premises and in the cloud.
1. This connector provides access to standard tables in the ServiceNow database, enables to perform operations like Insert, Delete Record, Delete Multiple, Update, Get, Get Keys, and Get Record.
2. The ServiceNow connector can be used for data replication, application integration, and data migration thereby allowing businesses to sync ServiceNow data and extend IT service management (ITSM) capabilities to SaaS and on-premises applications like Salesforce, SAP, Workday, and Dynamics.
3. With the ServiceNow connector, organizations can fully merge various domains in an organisation like HR, legal, procurement, operations, marketing, and facilities department.
4. The ServiceNow connector allows businesses to create instant API connectivity with the ServiceNow API, allowing them to quickly and easily interface with ServiceNow from within the MuleSoft Anypoint Platform.
5. ServiceNow connector is an Incident Management System or Ticketing System. Applications send quick alerts by creating incidents or tickets when something goes wrong. MuleSoft provides ‘ServiceNow’ connector to establish connection between MuleSoft Applications and ServiceNow Database which seamlessly creates incidents, requests, assign requests to groups or people.
MuleSoft Templates from Anypoint Platform for ServiceNow
There are ready to use templates created on the MuleSoft Anypoint platform ™ for ServiceNow. These templates are user friendly, easy to use and can be ramped up to an enterprise’s need.
1. Employee Aggregation– This template is designed to aggregate employees from Workday and users from ServiceNow into a CSV file. This basic pattern can be modified to collect data from various sources and produce formats other than CSV. It is triggered by a http call so it can be used manually or programmatically. Employees and users can be sorted in such a way that employees’ data is shown first in Workday followed by users in ServiceNow and lastly employees/users found are found in both the systems. Data can be customized or can be easily modified as needed. This template can be used for building APIs using the Anypoint Platform.
2. User Broadcast and Service Request Broadcast– Information of a worker can be added or removed from Workday using this template. These templates allow you to broadcast (sync) the changes to workers in Workday to users in ServiceNow in real time. Systems can be added indicating the changes made. Real time synchronization is achieved via rapid polling of Workday or by slowing down the interval to something near real time. This template uses both batching and watermarking capabilities to ensure that only recent changes are captured, so that it efficiently processes large amounts of records if you choose to slow down the polling interval.
3. Service Request Migration – This template is designed to move a large set of workers from Workday to ServiceNow where they are created as Service Requests. These data sets can be generated using a http call so it can be invoked manually or programmatically. This template can be useful in situation where you are changing infrastructure, office space, dealing with an acquisition and others. This template uses mulesoft’s batch module that makes it easier to move large set of data with more transparency.
By using MuleSoft’s Anypoint Platform™ one can create connectivity to ServiceNow with either on-premise or cloud based applications much faster.
MuleSoft’s next generation platform provides a complete set of products to help businesses overcome the challenge of integrating SaaS, mobile, and on-premises systems in a matter of days against weeks or months. With an underlying platform that contains a single development environment and a reliable multi-tenant architecture, one can quickly and efficiently build integrations to ServiceNow that are proven to scale over time.
Alcor Solutions Inc. is a global cloud advisory and implementation services company serving clients in multiple geographies globally. Our consultants provide advice to leading businesses on cloud platforms, architecture, enterprise service management and integrating IT service delivery. Our clients include global Fortune 500 as well as leading organizations in multiple industry verticals.
Alcor’s focus has been building strong competence on cutting edge technologies and advising clients in implementing them. We have partnered with industry leading cloud and Software as a Service (SaaS) platform providers to bring cost effective, rapid implementation cloud solutions to our clients. We are passionate about our thought leadership and believe that successful IT implementations result equally from good strategy and technology excellence. We believe that balanced advice and implementation requires a multi-dimensional perspective.